Wednesday 27 August 2014

Realising why more people don't do this

So, I have now purchased all the Pokemon games I need for this challenge (hopefully I can recoup some of the cost on eBay) and have done some more research on how to do it.

Turns out it's even less simple than I thought. So here's the new plan.

The games I am using are as follows:

  • Emerald (E) - Gen III
  • Platinum (Pl) - Gen IV
  • HeartGold (HG) - Gen IV remake of Gen II
  • White 2 (W2) - Gen V
  • X (X)  Gen VI
And the plan is thus:
  • The only two that I can transfer two-way are Pl and HG, so I will transfer and reset those a number of times to get all 6 Gen II and Gen IV starter Pokemon on HG.
  • Complete HG. Transfer and reset E twice to transfer two starter Pokemon from E to HG.
  • Complete E (remembering to get Latios as Latias is available in HG) and transfer the remaining starter, legendaries and anything else I am missing at that time from E to HG.
  • Complete Pl and transfer legendaries and any other missing items to HG.
  • Transfer and reset W2 twice to get 2 starters into Pokemon Bank
  • Complete W2. Transfer legendaries etc. from HG to W2.
  • Complete X. Transfer anything missing from W2 to X via Pokemon Bank.
  • Catch or trade for anything I still have missing.
  • Work on the Living Pokedex.
That's the general outline. It more complex than that because each of those transfers is done in a different way. It does have the benefit that the games are technically completed in generation order (counting HG as gen II), but HG hasn't arrived yet so I am currently playing X, as that isn't dependent on anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment