Thursday 5 November 2009

Making it harder. Harder!

To make this a real challenge, I have decided that each achievement must be from a different category or subcategory in the achievement pane. Discounting Wotlk raids (lame gear), arena (ditto, although I may find someone else willing to try it for giggles) and feats of strength (no easy ones I can do - however, I am hoping for a 5th anniversary achievement, or a mount drop from the Baron while running Strat for Argent Dawn rep), plus the two exploration ones where I have 100% already, that leaves exactly 30. So the challenge now is the snappy TAFTCITD - thirty achievements from thirty categories in thirty days.

So far I have done the following:
World Events - Dead Man's Party
Player vs. Player > Strand of the Ancients - Strand of the Ancients Victory
Dungeons & Raids > The Burning Crusade - The Slave Pens
Quests > The Burning Crusade - Bombs Away

This means more preparation. For instance, the only classic reputation with an achievement that I am anywhere close to is The Argent Dawn, but getting that first will also get me 10 Exalted Reputations, which is the achievement I want to get for the Reputation category. So I need to get a different one first, which will get me the 10, then get The Argent Dawn another day.

Additionally, there are some that require a good deal of luck. There is only one achievement I don't have in Exploration > Outland, which is the quite-hard-to-get Medium Rare. I have a similar problem with Exploration > Northrend, where I have to get Northern Exposure.

So far, all the ones I've done have been pretty simple. I'm going to have to step up my game if I'm going to do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment